Tear Trough Fillers in Leeds
Tear Trough Fillers in Leeds Explained
by Dr Shaan - Rejuveo Aesthetics
The tear trough area is the area between the eyelid and the cheekbone. As we age, the area can lose volume and become sunken in appearance. This can cause dark circles and hollowness under the eyes. To increase volume in the area, it can be treated with dermal fillers, known as the tear trough filler. The tear trough fillers in Leeds is a popular treatment used to boost the collagen in the under eyes making the area appear fuller and brighter.
Why choose the tear trough filler?
- Reverses the hollowness that appears as we age.
- Boosts collagen in the area, making the eyes more rejuvenated and smoother.
- Rejuvenates tired-looking eyes by making them fuller.
- There is minimal downtime with this procedure.
- It lasts 12-18 months
- It is minimally invasive!
What to expect of Tear Trough Fillers in Leeds
There is one main aim for the consultation. To ensure you are suitable for the procedure. The doctors do this by assessing 4 main characteristics of your under eyes
- If there is hollowness present – This can be treated with dermal filler
- If there is pigmentation- The filler cannot undo heavy pigmentation.
- If you have good skin quality- The better the skin quality the better the outcome
- If you have a large eye bag- this may not be suitable for tear trough filler but for a blepharoplasty.
The Aesthetic Doctors will deem if you are suitable for treatment!
The doctors prefer to use an advanced microcannula technique when injecting the tear trough filler.
This technique ensures there is minimal pain and bruising after the treatment. It also give them better control to ensure the filler stays in the correct place.
The treatment itself takes approximately 5-10 minutes to complete.
Aftercare is perhaps one of the most important things after dermal fillers.
- Avoid wearing glasses for around 8 hours. Ideally wear contact lenses to the appointment.
- Avoid sleeping on one side directly after the treatment but wait around 4 hours.
- Avoid any high intensity exercise for 24 hours.
- Avoid alcohol intake for 24 hours.
- Avoid touching or rubbing the area.
Commonly asked questions about Tear Trough Fillers in Leeds?
How long do fillers last?
Tear trough Filler can last approximately 12 months. This also depends on your lifestyle e.g. if you smoke, use sunbeds or have a higher metabolism, these factors can decrease the time they last.
What can’t I do after I have the fillers in?
Try to avoid wearing glasses for 24 hours directly after the treatment. Do not wash harshly or use an exfoliating scrub on the area. We also recommend not to touch the area and avoid make up for 4 hours after treatment. Furthermore, avoid alcohol for 24 hours after treatment.
Are there any side effects?
The most common side effects are bruising swelling and some element of discomfort. The doctors will go through all of this during the consent form. If you have any concerns please feel free to contact us.
What filler do you use?
We use Teosyal Redensity 2 which is the only registered filler to be used in the Tear Trough area in the UK.
You Should not get this treatment if...
- Have known allergies to the product including lidocaine.
- Are currently unwell.
- Have alcohol in your system- this is more likely bruise you.
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Are under the age of 18
Hope you found this article useful about lip fillers in bradford. If you have any more questions take a look at our Tear Trough Filler explained page!
If you are interested in a free consultation we hold private clinics in Bradford and Manchester. We regularly treat clients from Keighley, Ilkley, Guiseley, Leeds, Wakefield, Huddersfield and Halifax.